I have been thinking a lot in the last few days about what it means to be called as a leader. Through out my life I have found myself in positions of leadership and through out my life I have begin to realize that I am called to be a leader. In the next few weeks I will be reading a book called "Jesus on Leadership". This book focuses on what it means to be a servant leader and how this can be learned through the life of Jesus.
Reflecting on my experiences as a leader I realize that I have been a leader in both "Christian" and "secular" places. What I have learned is that regardless of the place that I am a leader, I am still a child of God, and I still need to be practicing servant leadership. It is my hope that through the next few weeks as I read this book, I can begin to realize what it means to be a servant leader both at 1st Pres. and at Lemonjellos. While these places are significantly different from one another, I am still a called to be a servant leader in both.
On a side note, this Sunday we are scheduled to have our first site team meeting after the service. I am looking forward to getting a chance to spend time with you all!
In Christ,
Sara
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment