Thursday, June 12, 2008

Meetings, Meetings, Meetings!

This week I have been able to experience a few different types of meetings. Monday- Session, Tuesday- Presbytery, Thursday- Worship Council. It has been delightful getting to experience different areas of the church. During all of these meetings I was able to learn about what is going on behind the scenes in the church and the presbytery. It is good to be reminded that in all situations there is much more than any of us realize going on behind scenes. I often have to remind myself that nothing gets done without someone stepping up and doing it, even the little things that a lot of us take for granted.

Also powerful this week was the fact that I was surrounded by leaders. All of these meetings were composed of those either from the congregation or the presbytery that serve as leaders in one way or another. I was continually amazed at the gifts that people bring forward. It reminded me that we are all talented in different ways! It also challenged me to become more outspoken. I noticed during each meeting most people put their thoughts out there. As of now it is not my place to be doing so at these meetings, I am learning. Yet, one day in my life I will be in situations in which I am expected to be outspoken, and to contribute with my gifts and talents. I look forward to that day with some nervousness and anticipation. Yet I know when the time comes I will be equipped!

Alas, while this week has been long and filled to the brim, I can say that it was good and I continue as always to look forward to what God has in store for me next week!

No comments: