Much like every Christian I have a deep love for C.S. Lewis. While I prefer to read the book over watching the movie, I still give in most of the time, and last night I went to see the new Prince Caspian movie. There was a line that struck me toward the end of the movie, a line that I am sure comes straight from the book. For those of you who do not know, Aslan is typically seen as a representation of God in the Narnia series. This is a conversation taking place between Aslan and Prince Caspian: (paraphrased of course)
A: You are going to be a king of Narnia.
PC: But I do not feel ready.
A: And that is precisely why you are ready.
At the moment this conversation was had on the big screen in front of us, my roommate and I turned to each other, and simultaneously said "I need to remember that".
Today as I was reading Jesus on Leadership I read the following quote:
"God didn't God looking for leaders. God looked for obedient people. Whom he then formed into leaders."
Whew.
There are days I simply do not feel ready to be a leader. I look around me and wonder how I ever got to where I am and realize that I am simply just a twenty-five year old. Yet, God has called me to be a leader. There are moments that I stop, stand back amazed, and am ready to trudge forward with the help of God. Then there are those moments in which I ask "Why is this what you want me to do?" and all I want to do is curl up and become a child again. But then again, I still am and will always be a child that can crawl into the lap of God.
As I go forward I can not help but to think I can not do any of what I am doing with out God, that there is no way I would be sitting right where I am today with out God's Mighty Hand involved in where I have been. As a leader I find it important to communicate this with those that I lead: It is because of God I have gotten to where I am today and it will because of God I will get to where I am going tomorrow.
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment