Monday, September 22, 2008

Fall!

How quickly this past month has been!
I have been in transition the last month and have now settled in. My internship this year will take a new turn and have a different focus than it did this summer. Instead of focusing on leadership and administration, I will now be focusing on Pastoral care.
What does this mean?
Well, here are some of the things I will be doing:
-holding office hours Mondays 9-3
-visiting members confined to their houses and those in the hospital
-learning how to conduct funerals (and the funeral process in general)
-learning what it means to give pastoral care to people across generations
-setting up a card system for Linda (birthday postcards and cards for those who have had a
death in their family, 6 months later and one year later)
-other things TBA
I am looking forward to what this year has in store for me, and continuing my journey with the Church!

One late note,
When I last left you I was reading Humble Leadership. I am taking a break from that book (I promise at one point to finish it... probably over Christmas break) I have started to read instead.... A Grace Disguised by Gerald L. Sittser . I am about 3/4 the way through the book and I my next post will be reflecting on the book as a whole.

I believe that is all for now, again I would like to thank you all for walking along side of me during this journey!
Much love.
Sara

1 comment:

Matthew Cavanaugh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.