Monday, November 17, 2008

Funerals

I am taking a break from talking about books this week and instead want to give my attention to funerals. As we all know there were two deaths in the church this weekend. Through out the course of this week I will be observing how things work in the process of funerals.

While I have studied both funerals and grief in a few classes, I can count the number of funerals I have been to in my life before this week on one hand. While I am very grateful for this fact, it also means I have to learn and experience more in my journey as a minister.

My role this week will be to observe, to listen and to learn. I will focus on the role of the pastor through out the process.

After this week I will blog again to reflect on what I learned though out this process.

No comments: